Apricot Pudding or Tarts
Yield 3 cups
This tasty Apricot Pudding is sweetened with apple juice and thickened with our Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu. Enjoy!
- 1 cup tightly packed dried apricots
- 2/3 cup filtered or spring water
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp tahini (sesame butter)
- small pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu
- Combine apricots, water, and 1 cup of the apple juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the liquid remaining in the pot into a measuring cup and add enough apple juice to equal 2½ cups fruit juice.
- Place the cooked fruit, fruit juice, and tahini in a blender and puree.
- Return to pot and add the salt and lemon juice.
- Dissolve the kuzu in 3 Tbsp cold water, add to pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring constantly. Simmer over low heat for 1-2 minutes, then pour into custard cups or prebaked and cooled tart shells.