- ½ Tbsp kanten flakes
- One 1" long cinnamon stick
- 3 cups water
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 cup organic apple cider
- ¼ cup Sweet Cloud Organic Kosher Brown Rice Syrup
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp light tasting vegetable oil
- 4 large organic pears
- 1 Tbsp whole cloves
- Combine kanten flakes, cinnamon, and water in a medium saucepan, and allow kanten to soften. Add ginger slices and bring almost to a boil, stirring occasionally until kanten dissolves. Reduce heat to low, add cider and syrup, and simmer until heated through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice, walnuts, raisins, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Halve and core pears and arrange halves peel side up in a single layer in an oiled glass baking dish. Push a few cloves into each half and then pour cider aspic to cover. Bake for 45 minutes, basting once or twice.
- Let cool, cover, and refrigerate to set before serving.