Kyoto-Style Miso Soup
Yield 4 Servings
Enjoy this tasty miso soup seasoned with our delicious Miso Master Organic, Low-Sodium Sweet White Miso.
- Place kombu into pot with the water. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, and remove kombu just as water comes to a boil.
- Stir fish flakes into boiling water and remove from heat. Let stand for 2 minutes. Strain the broth, pressing all liquid from flakes.
- Add tofu and scallions and allow to heat through, then remove from heat.
- Dilute the miso in some of the broth, add to the soup, and allow to sit a couple of minutes before serving.
- When preparing miso soup, avoid boiling the soup after the miso has been added, since extreme heat destroys the delicate enzymes.