Miso-Ginger Barbeque Sauce
Yield 1 Cup
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 5 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp cooking sherry
- 7 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tsp olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, mix the stock, honey, and cooking sherry. Slowly cream into this mixture the miso, stirring until well blended.
- In a saucepan, sauté the minced ginger in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the miso mixture to the sautéed ginger, turn off the heat, and stir until the mixture reaches the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Allow to cool, then use with deep-fried tofu, tempura, fish, poultry, or fresh vegetables.