- Yield: 24 Cookies 1x
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup unrefined vegetable oil
- ½ cup SWEET CLOUD Organic Kosher Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 organic egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp organic almond extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Toast ¾ cup of the almonds in an unoiled skillet. Stir constantly over medium heat until beginning to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Blend toasted almonds until they reach the consistency of almond meal.
- Cream oil and syrup together in a medium-sized bowl. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well.
- Add baking soda, salt, almond meal, and 1 cup of the flour, and mix.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup flour a little at a time. Batter should be stiff.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly oiled cookie sheets.
- Press cookies flat with a fork and press an almond into the center of each. Cookies should be about ½” thick.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
SWEET CLOUD ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP
Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup is superbly sweet with the natural flavor of complex sugars like maltose. Because of the gradual breakdown of the maltose and other complex carbohydrates, rice syrup does not cause rapid fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
MORE RECIPES with SWEET CLOUD ORGANIC BROWN RICE SYRUP