- Yield: 24 Cookies 1x
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup unrefined vegetable oil
- ½ cup SWEET CLOUD Organic Kosher Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 organic egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp organic almond extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Toast ¾ cup of the almonds in an unoiled skillet. Stir constantly over medium heat until beginning to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Blend toasted almonds until they reach the consistency of almond meal.
- Cream oil and syrup together in a medium-sized bowl. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and beat well.
- Add baking soda, salt, almond meal, and 1 cup of the flour, and mix.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup flour a little at a time. Batter should be stiff.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly oiled cookie sheets.
- Press cookies flat with a fork and press an almond into the center of each. Cookies should be about ½” thick.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.