Sebastian Fruity Green Smoothie
Yield 2 servings
Makes 2 Yummy Servings
Impress and delight family and friends by preparing this yummy Sebastian Fruity Green Tea Smoothie made with frozen organic fruits (mix and match your favorites!) and Haiku Organic Sencha Green Tea. Simple to make, simply delicious and healthy!
- 1 cup spring water
- 1 Haiku Organic Sencha Green Tea teabag
- ½ cup cold milk, (organic coconut, soy, rice milk...)
- 3 bananas*, sliced and frozen
- 6 strawberries*, sliced and frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Bring spring water to a boil, remove from heat and add Haiku Sencha Green Tea teabags. Brew for two minutes, remove teabags and cool. In a hurry? Cool in the freezer in ice cube tray.
- Once tea is cool, pour into a blender, add frozen fruit and milk of your choice and vanilla.
- Blend into a creamy smooth smoothie. Pour, serve and enjoy!
VARIATION: For extra green tea goodness or early morning energizing smoothie, brew 2 bags of Haiku Organic Sencha Green teabags in the 1 cup of spring water. This is Organic Chef Tom's personal favorite!Sebastian Green Tea Pops:Pour smoothie into popsicle molds and freeze.
*Be sure to use organic fruits. Check out EWG's Shopper's Guide to avoid pesticides from commercial fruits and veggies.
Haiku Organic Japanese Sencha Green Tea
Haiku Organic Japanese Sencha Green Tea is made from the first spring harvest of the first flush of new buds and leaves of the Camellia sinensis tea bush. Haiku teabags are always two full grams of 100% Japanese Organic Sencha Tea, the finest quality in the world for the true Japanese green tea connoisseurs.
USDA Certified Organic | Non-GMO Verified | Gluten-Free | Kosher
Purchase Haiku Organic Japanese Sencha Green Tea from your favorite organic market or direct from Great Eastern Sun’s Online Market HERE >
Back to Great Eastern Sun’s Healthy Recipes >
Back to Great Eastern Sun’s Beverage Recipes >