Caribbean Fish Chowder*
- 1 Tbsp organic olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 2½ cups water
- 14 oz coconut water
- ½ lb Grouper, Snapper or Orange Roughy (cut 1 inch squares)
- 2 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso
- 1½ tsp Madras curry
- pepper (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a 4 quart pot. Sauté garlic, onion, and salt until soft. Toss in carrots and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Stir water and coconut milk into pot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, simmer about 8 minutes.
- Add fish and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Dissolve Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso in some of the broth, stir in curry and pepper, and simmer 2 minutes.
- Garnish with 2 Tbsp chopped chives and lemon slice.
*Recipe from “The Miso Book” by John & Jan Belleme