This tasty Apricot Pudding is sweetened with apple juice and thickened with our Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu. You can also use this recipe to make Apricot Tarts, yum!Print
Apricot Pudding or Tarts
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup tightly packed dried apricots
- 2/3 cup filtered or spring water
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp tahini (sesame butter)
- small pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu
- Combine apricots, water, and 1 cup of the apple juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the liquid remaining in the pot into a measuring cup and add enough apple juice to equal 2½ cups fruit juice.
- Place the cooked fruit, fruit juice, and tahini in a blender and puree.
- Return to pot and add the salt and lemon juice.
- Dissolve the kuzu in 3 Tbsp cold water, add to pot, and bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring constantly. Simmer over low heat for 1-2 minutes, then pour into custard cups or prebaked and cooled tart shells.