Ginger Tempeh Vegetable Stir Fry
Yield 4 servings
We love this delicious Stir Fry by Leslie Cerier aka the Organic Gourmet. It's a delightful main dish seasoned with our tasty Miso Master Organic Miso Tamari!
Frying tempeh in Red palm oil gives it a rich flavor and meaty texture. You can use coconut oil or sesame oil and swap other seasonal vegetables for infinite tasty variations. In this recipe I used mirin, a sweet rice cooking wine, feel free to use another cooking wine or water. Serve this stir fry on top of rice and with a side of fresh pineapple for a fine meal.
- 3 tablespoons organic sesame, extra virgin coconut oil or Organic Red Palm Oil
- 3 tablespoons grated organic ginger
- 2 tablespoons Miso Master Organic Miso Tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin, water or wine
- 1 cup chopped organic onions
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced into match sticks
- 8 ounce organic soy tempeh, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced organic summer squash, in half moons
- 2 cups coarsely chopped organic bok choy
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, mirin, and tamari and fry for a minute to blend flavors. Add onions, carrots and tempeh and stir fry for 5 minutes, or until the carrots turn bright orange.
- Add the summer squash and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes, or until it turns bright yellow. Turn off the heat and stir in bok choy, which will wilt and turn bright green quickly. Taste and adjust the seasonings; add more tamari for a saltier taste, if you like.
Copyright © 2013 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved. www.lesliecerier.com
REPRINTED WITH PERMISSION
The Organic Gourmet Chef
Leslie Cerier ~ The Organic Gourmet Chef has shared her culinary passion and knowledge of healthy eating to an international audience for over 30 years. Leslie is an internationally known chef, active health coach, author of 6 books, cooking instructor with a focus on local, seasonal, organic, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan dishes.
Visit Leslie's website for more of her healthy and delicious recipes, cooking tips and to learn more about her workshops and how she can help you eat healthy! www.lesliecerier.com