A hearty, colorful soba noodle bowl recipe that’s as pretty as it is delicious made with our Organic Planet Organic Soba Noodles. This is a variation of a recipe by one of our favorite bloggers, Heidi Swanson from 101 Cookbooks.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously and cook the noodles per package directions, being careful not to overcook. Drain and set aside.
Lightly steam while string beans. Add string beans to pasta.
To make the dressing, use a food processor, blender or hand blender to puree the walnuts, olive oil, garlic, miso paste, vinegar, and honey. Add the warm water a bit at a time until the dressing is the consistency of a heavy cream. Taste and add salt if you think it needs it.
Toss noodles and string beans with dressing to taste. Arrange in two bowls or on a platter and top with roasted walnuts.
In Heidi’s original recipe she uses asparagus in place of string beans and adds sliced green onions, sauteed slivered rainbow chard leaves and chopped stems, toasted walnuts, and some chives on top.
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, lightly steam the broccoli or green beans until just tender and still bright green.
3. Peel the cucumber and quarter lengthwise, then thinly slice.
4. Combine the miso, vinegar, and water to make the dressing.
5. Chop noodles into 2” lengths and toss them with the vegetables. Add dressing and mix well.
6. Garnish with minced scallion, serve and enjoy.
Organic Planet Traditional Whole Wheat Udon
Organic Planet Traditional Whole Wheat Udon noodles are the smoothest, quickest cooking organic Asian-style whole wheat pasta ever to be sold in the natural foods market. Udon noodles readily absorbs the flavor of your favorite broths, sauces, and seasonings.