Tom’s Outrageous Winter Squash Pie
- SWEET CLOUD Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 4 cups winter squash
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 Tbsp kanten flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 baked pie shell
- Cook sliced squash in apple juice to cover. Cool, scoop out of skin, and place in blender.
- Place the juice the squash has been cooked in into a pot. Add the kanten flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook 5 minutes or until the kanten flakes have dissolved.
- Add the liquid to the squash in the blender. Then add cinnamon, barley malt, and vanilla. Blend until smooth, pour into the baked pie shell, and chill until firm.
From: Organic Chef Tom
Miso Lentil Soup is a nourishing and delicious meal any time of year! This tasty recipe is one of our favorites and is seasoned with our American made, Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.
Miso Lentil Soup
Yield 6-8 Servings
You'll love this classic soup seasoned with our deliciously popular Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add flour stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the miso and the 1/3 cup of water.t
- Cook until lentils are tender.
- Dissolve miso with 1/3 cup of water, add to soup and serve.
Note: For a creamier soup, blend thoroughly in a food processor.
1½ cups Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Red or Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Ginger
¼ tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1½ cups sugar snap peas
1 cup bean sprouts
4 scallions, sliced thinly
1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Kosher Authentic Kuzu
1½ tsp soy sauce
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup cooked brown rice
In a large skillet or wok, heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add shiitake mushrooms, bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring constantly. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the carrots, snap peas, bean sprouts, and scallions to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, dissolve kuzu in soy sauce, then add the mixture to the pan.
Pour in the vegetable broth; cook for about 2 minutes, until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken. Serve over rice.