Our American made Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso is a unique “long-term” miso because it is made with organic brown rice ages for a minimum of 24 months resulting in a dark, rich miso perfect for gravy and sauces.
Try one of the recipes below and enjoy!
Mashed Potatoes with Miso Gravy
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 medium boiling potatoes
- ½ cup milk or plant based milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Kuzu
- 3 tsp Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tsp organic olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, then drain. Put through rice mill or mash with fork. Add milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Dissolve kuzu in water until smooth, cream in miso and slowly add ½ cup filtered water, stirring until well mixed. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet and sauté onions until lightly browned. Add garlic and sauté 30 or more seconds. On medium heat, add the kuzu-miso mix and stir constantly until thickened.
- Pour over mashed potatoes and serve immediately.
This soup is sure to stop any cold in its tracks, even better than Grandma’s chicken soup!
Miso-Ginger Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 5 tsp Honey
- 3 Tbsp cooking sherry
- 7 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, mix the stock, honey, and cooking sherry. Slowly cream into this mixture the miso, stirring until well blended.
- In a saucepan, sauté the minced ginger in olive oil until fragrant. Add the miso mixture to the sautéed ginger, turn off the heat, and stir until the mixture reaches the consistency of a thick sauce. Allow to cool, then use with deep-fried tofu, tempura, fish, poultry, or fresh vegetables.
Miso Master American Made Organic Miso in 6 Tasty Varieties