Curried Cabbage and Arame
- Yield: 3-4 Servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 2 tbsp unrefined safflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ small cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp organic tamari or organic soy sauce
- ½ pkg (about 1 cup dry) Emerald Cove Pacific Arame
- Soak arame for 15 minutes in enough cool water to cover. Remove arame and carefully pour off ¼ cup liquid; discard the rest.
- Saute onion in oil until soft, stir in curry powder and saute 3 more minutes.
- Add cabbage and the ¼ cup saved soaking water. Cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- Toss in drained arame and tamari or shoyu, cover and simmer until tender but crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place in bowl or on dish and serve.