French Apple Crisp
This delicious dessert is made with Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup instead of sugar, for a healthy treat.
- Yield: 1 casserole dish 1x
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 – 8 organic tart apples
- 1/2 cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups organic oatmeal
- 1/4 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup organic corn or sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisin-cooking water
1. Combine raisins, cranberries and 1 cup water in small saucepan and simmer 10-15 minutes. Pour cooking liquid into measuring cup and add water, if necessary, to equal ½ cup. Set aside.
2. Peel, quarter, remove cores and slice apples, and set aside.
3. Combine oatmeal, flour, seeds, nuts, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to make a crumbly mixture.
4. In another bowl, combine apples, raisins, and rice syrup. Mix well.
5. Arrange half the apple mixture in a baking pan or casserole dish, sprinkle half the raisin water over and top with half of the oatmeal mixture.
6. Repeat with the remaining half, cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake 20 minutes more. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and serve.