Ginger Fried Rice
We love this Ginger Fried Rice dish sautéed in our tasty Emperor's Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil.
- 4 Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp mirin or cooking wine
- 4 scallions, cut into ½" lengths
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ¾” fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cup cooked organic brown rice
- Soak shiitake mushrooms until soft, about 2 hours. Drain, remove and discard stems, and slice thinly.
- Heat oil over medium heat, add mushrooms, then carrots, and toss with a small pinch of salt. Stir in mirin or cooking wine and sauté briefly. Add scallions and sauté for about 5 minutes more. Lower flame, add soy sauce and ginger, toss, and add rice.
- Break up any clumps of rice, mix thoroughly, cover, and cook 1-2 minutes more.
Courses Side Dish