Ginger-Miso Sweet Pea Spread*
- Yield: 2 1/2 Cups 1x
- Category: Spreads
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 pound frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 3 Tbs Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the scallions, ginger, and jalapeño, and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pea mixture to a food processor or blender and let cool slightly. Add the miso and 1/4 cup water and puree until smooth. Spoon the spread into a bowl. Serve with rice crackers or flatbreads.
- May be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
* from the February 2013 issue of Food & Wine Magazine.