Gingery Fish Kabobs
Yield 6 Servings
Men who eat fish just once a month have fewer ischemic (blocked blood vessel) strokes, says a Harvard study. For your dose, try this easy summer recipe.
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds raw firm fish, such as salmon, tuna or halibut, cut in chunks
- 4 cups fresh pineapple in large chunks (or substitute canned pineapple chunks)
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- In a small saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in pineapple juice. Add soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Let cool. Add fish and pineapple to sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thread fish, pineapple and onion on skewers. Place on a hot grill (or under a broiler) until fish is done to your liking.
- Serve with rice. Heat marinade and use as a sauce over fish and rice.
Courses Main Dish