We love this tasty beets dish seasoned with a tasty glaze made from soy sauce and mirin and thickened with our Emperor’s Kitchen Traditional Kuzu.
- 1 – 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups beets, quartered and sliced
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp mirin or cooking wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Traditional Kuzu
- Heat oil in a skillet; add sliced beets and salt, and sauté briefly. Add water to cover bottom of skillet, lower heat, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes or until beets are nearly tender. Add more water if needed to prevent scorching.
- Add mirin, cooking for 5 more minutes, then add soy sauce and cook for another minute.
- Dissolve kuzu in 1 Tbsp water and add to beets while stirring constantly until liquid returns to a simmer. Cook 1-2 more minutes, adding a little more water if too thick. Serve hot.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American