Researchers at Japan's National Cancer Center found that women who had three bowls of miso soup daily reduced their incidence of breast cancer by 40% compared with those who had only one bowl daily, and by 50% compared to those who had less than one bowl daily, as reported in the Journal of The National Cancer Institute, Vol. 95, Issue #12.
10 Health Benefits and Uses for Miso
1. Contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
2. Stimulated the secretion of digestive fluids in the stomach.
3. Restores beneficial probiotics to the intestines.
4. Aids in the digestion and assimilation of other foods in the intestines.
5. Is a good vegetable quality source of B vitamins (especially B12).
6. Strengthens the quality of blood and lymph fluids.
7. Reduces risk for breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers.
8. Protects against radiation due to dipilocolonic, an alkaloid that chelates heavy metals and discharges them from the body.
9. Strengthens the immune system and helps to lower LDL cholesterol.
10. High in antioxidants that protect against free radicals.
Learn more about the amazing uses of miso on Care2 here: