Miso Master Organic Miso
the ultimate "Slow Miso"
NATURALLY AGED WITHOUT ACCELERANTS THROUGH FOUR SEASONS
It's easy to make a pasteurized, high-tech, inferior "Quick" miso.
- USE ACCELERANTS like yeast and alcohol.
- HEAT MISO DURING AGING for faster maturing.
- "ALMOST PASTEURIZE" MISO so it can claim to be unpasteurized when it actually isn't.
Miso Master uses no tricks to speed the process of natural fermentation, just Mother Nature's own timetable.
This ancient centuries-old traditional way of making miso has been in use in the mountains of Western North Carolina since 1979, when the first Miso Master Organic Miso made its appearance after a year of intensive study with one of the few remaining traditional miso makers in Japan.
Long-Term aged misos also have a higher salt content which retards the fermentation so that the process moves gradually. They are aged naturally without temperature control for 1-2 years in our four-ton, hand-crafted Cypress, Redwood, or Fir barrels. These long-term misos are the cask-aged Bordeaux Wines of miso. Our popular long-term misos are:
- Miso Master Organic Traditional Red Miso
aged for 1 year
- Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
aged for 2 years
- Miso Master Organic Brown Rice Miso
aged for a minimum of 2 years