Green Beans in Sesame Miso
Yield 3 servings
- Add green beans and salt to boiling water and cook, uncovered, until just tender. Drain and cool.
- Toast sesame seeds in dry skillet, stirring constantly over medium heat about 2 minutes (if over-cooked they become bitter.) Grind seeds in a suribachi or with a mortar and pestle, add oil and mix, and then add miso.
- Blend in mirin, lemon juice, and sweetener. Mixture will be thick and somewhat coarse and dry.
- Add green beans and toss gently in dressing until evenly coated. Attractively arrange a small portion in individual serving bowls.
- Enjoy and share with family and friends!
Recipe by Great Eastern Sun at https://great-eastern-sun.com/green-beans-sesame-miso/