Hearty Yeast Gravy
Enjoy this delicious yeast gravy over grains, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. Made with our Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso, this gravy soothes the soul!
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Gravies
- Cuisine: American
- 1½ Tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1¾ cups water
- 3–4 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Mellow White Miso
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- several sprigs chopped Parsley
- Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Lower heat and add flour and yeast. Stir constantly 1-2 minutes, then slowly add 1½ cups water while stirring briskly to avoid lumping.
- Soften miso in remaining ¼ cup water and add, along with basil and parsley.
- Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally as gravy thickens.