Lemon Delight Pudding
A scrumptious plant-based gello! Tart and tasty, great for the spring and summer, to refresh. Lemon/sour flavor soothes the liver and gall bladder. The agar aids in elimination. This pudding is so yummy and easy. Enjoy!
- ½ teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated while lemon is whole (yellow part only)
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons agar flakes
- 2 Tablespoons kuzu dissolved in ¼ cup water
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon brown rice syrup or maple syrup, to taste
- Garnish of fresh berries, mint, or vegan cream topping.
- Keeping the lemon whole, finely grate the yellow part of the lemon rind. (The white part is bitter.) Freeze the extra yellow lemon rind in a container for another meal. The grated rind is terrific on greens or pasta or fruit salad.
- Dissolve agar flakes in cool apple juice for 10 minutes. Bring to low boil, stirring once. Add dissolved kuzu to pot, stirring/whisking constantly. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients to the pot and mix well. Do not boil. Taste. If pudding is too tart, add an extra dash of syrup.
- Pour into individual, small dishes or one 8 x 8 Pyrex. Chill until firm. If you want a more fluffy texture, blend the pudding after chilling. Serve with fresh berries, a sprig of fresh mint or dollop of tofu or almond cream – or all of these!
Derived from an original recipe of Rita Morano with Marcia Reisman.
- Serving Size: Serves 4 – 6