Yield 1 - 8x8 inch pan
- 14 Tbsp. plus more for baking pan unsalted butter
- 7 ounces dark (64%) chocolate
- 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
- 1 cups plus 2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 5 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 8 tsp cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with butter and set aside.
- Set a metal bowl over a pot to create a double boiler. Add enough water to pot to reach just below bottom of bowl. Bring water in pot to a steady simmer over medium heat. Melt chocolate, butter and miso together. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour and cocoa power. Gradually whisk dry ingredients into melted chocolate mixture. Remove batter from heat and whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
*adapted from The Wall St. Journal, May 2014
Recipe by Great Eastern Sun at https://great-eastern-sun.com/miso-brownies/