Enjoy this tasty twist on this classic favorite. Believe it or not, adding Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso adds a unique umami touch to this Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookie. The miso mixed with Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup, maple syrup and vanilla turns into a butterscotch like flavored caramel.
The Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup turns out a crunchy cookie, which is just what we like. These sweet and savory cookies actually tastes better the next day. Best of all, they’re free of refined sugar, and they’re vegan so they can be enjoyed by all. YUM!Print
Crunchy Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sweet mixed with a touch of savory. These Crunchy Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies are a new twist to a classic favorite. Feel free to get creative with your choice of chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or cut a chocolate bar, sweetened or not, into small chunks. Happy cooking baking!
- Yield: 24 Tasty Cookies 1x
- 1½ cups rolled oats, toast and ground into a course meal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
- ¼ cup Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 edge F.
- Lightly oil two large cookie sheets and set aside.
- Toast almonds or walnuts by spreading onto a jellyroll pan or large cast iron skillet and place in middle rack of oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto large cutting board and chop.
- Toast rolled oats by spreading onto a jellyroll pan or large cast iron skillet and place on middle shelf of oven for about 5 minutes.
- Place toasted oats in blender or food processor and blend into a course meal.
- Place toasted oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda into large mixing bowl.
- Pour Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup, maple syrup, Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso, and vanilla into a large measuring cup or bowl. Whisk together to make a creamy caramel.
- Pour oil into miso caramel and mix well.
- Pour miso caramel mixture into dry ingredients and stir until all flour mixture is completely coated and forms a cookie batter.
- Stir chocolate chips and toasted, chopped nuts into the cookie batter.
- Fill a large spoon or tablespoon with cookie batter dough and place 3 in a row with 4 rows (total 12) onto each cookie sheet. Flatten and shape into nice rounds making sure that all the chips and nuts stay in cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottom of cookies are lightly brown.
- Place hot cookies on cooling rack and try to wait until cooled to enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Alternative: Chop sweetened or unsweetened chocolate bar into small chunks. Our family loves the taste of 100% cocoa bars and that is what we prefer over sweetened chips or bars.
Sweeter Cookies: These cookies are a nice balance of sweet and savory. Try adding organic raisins to the cookie batter for a little extra sweetness.
Keywords: miso chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, miso and chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies with miso,