Crunchy Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sweet mixed with a touch of savory. These Crunchy Miso Chocolate Chip Cookies are a new twist to a classic favorite. Feel free to get creative with your choice of chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or cut a chocolate bar, sweetened or not, into small chunks. Happy cooking baking!
- Yield: 24 Tasty Cookies 1x
- Preheat oven to 350 edge F.
- Lightly oil two large cookie sheets and set aside.
- Toast almonds or walnuts by spreading onto a jellyroll pan or large cast iron skillet and place in middle rack of oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto large cutting board and chop.
- Toast rolled oats by spreading onto a jellyroll pan or large cast iron skillet and place on middle shelf of oven for about 5 minutes.
- Place toasted oats in blender or food processor and blend into a course meal.
- Place toasted oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda into large mixing bowl.
- Pour Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup, maple syrup, Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso, and vanilla into a large measuring cup or bowl. Whisk together to make a creamy caramel.
- Pour oil into miso caramel and mix well.
- Pour miso caramel mixture into dry ingredients and stir until all flour mixture is completely coated and forms a cookie batter.
- Stir chocolate chips and toasted, chopped nuts into the cookie batter.
- Fill a large spoon or tablespoon with cookie batter dough and place 3 in a row with 4 rows (total 12) onto each cookie sheet. Flatten and shape into nice rounds making sure that all the chips and nuts stay in cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottom of cookies are lightly brown.
- Place hot cookies on cooling rack and try to wait until cooled to enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Alternative: Chop sweetened or unsweetened chocolate bar into small chunks. Our family loves the taste of 100% cocoa bars and that is what we prefer over sweetened chips or bars.
Sweeter Cookies: These cookies are a nice balance of sweet and savory. Try adding organic raisins to the cookie batter for a little extra sweetness.
Keywords: miso chocolate chip cookies, vegan chocolate chip cookies, miso and chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies with miso,