Miso Corn Chowder
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp Miso Master Organic Chickpea Miso
- 2½ cups water
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp shoyu or soy sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add flour and cook 5 minutes.
- Dissolve miso in 2½ cups spring water. Add dissolved miso to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Next, add whole corn, cream corn, red pepper, and shoyu to flour mixture. Simmer 10 minutes, add ½ tsp black pepper, and serve.