This Sesame Miso Cucumber Salad is a delightful summer side dish. You’ll love the tasty dressing made from our Miso Master Organic Mellow White. There’s also a touch of our tasty Emperor’s Kitchen Toasted Sesame Oil that you will love. Sprinkle white or black sesame seeds on top because they add a nice pop of flavor and they’re nutrient rich. So get some fresh cucumbers from your garden (or farmer’s market!), prepare this salad and enjoy!Print
Sesame Miso Cucumber Salad
Add this delightfully refreshing Sesame Miso Cucumber Salad to your summer meals. The dressing for this tasty salad is seasoned with our popular Miso Master Organic Mellow White. Enjoy!
- Yield: 6
• 4 cups thinly sliced, seeded cucumber
• 1½ Tbsp Miso Master Organic Mellow White or Sweet White Miso
• 1 Tbsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
• 1 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
• 1 Tbsp sliced green onion
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Combine miso and hot water, stirring until well mixed.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and whisk into miso.
- Add cucumber, toss to coat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
DID YOU KNOW:
Cucumbers are one cool vegetable. Most of us know that cucumbers are refreshing, however it may come to a surprise to learn that they are also rich in important phytonutrients. You can read more about the goodness of cucumbers on The World’s Healthiest Foods here.