Miso Lentil Soup
Yield 6-8 Servings
You'll love this classic soup seasoned with our deliciously popular Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add flour stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the miso and the 1/3 cup of water.t
- Cook until lentils are tender.
- Dissolve miso with 1/3 cup of water, add to soup and serve.
Note: For a creamier soup, blend thoroughly in a food processor.