Miso Lentil Soup is a nourishing and delicious meal any time of year! This tasty recipe is one of our favorites and is seasoned with our American made, Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.Print
Miso Lentil Soup
You’ll love this classic soup seasoned with our deliciously popular Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso.
- Yield: 6-8 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add flour stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the miso and the 1/3 cup of water.t
- Cook until lentils are tender.
- Dissolve miso with 1/3 cup of water, add to soup and serve.
Note: For a creamier soup, blend thoroughly in a food processor.