- 2 Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 2 inch piece Emerald Cove Pacific Kombu
- 1 Tbsp bonito flakes
- 1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/3 block firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 tsp Emerald Cove Ready-To-Use Pacific Wakame
- 3 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
- green onion (sliced for garnish)
- Soak shiitakes in 1 cup of the filtered water for 20 min. Remove and slice thinly.
- Combine soaking water and remaining 3 cups of filtered water and bring to boil with kombu and shiitakes. Reduce to simmer for 5 min., then remove kombu.
- Add bonito flakes, cover, and remove from heat. Strain out flakes after 4 min.
- Sauté tofu in toasted sesame oil until lightly browned. Add tofu and wakame to stock and heat through.
- Make thin paste of miso with stock, add to pot, and warm on low for 2 min. Garnish with green onion and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Japanese