- Cut baby red potatoes into quarters or halves and place in large pot. Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer gently for about 10-15 minutes uncovered. Potatoes should not fall apart and be barely cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking they should be strained and rinsed in cold water to stop further cooking. Allow them to drain in a colander while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook petite peas on the stove or microwave according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water and set aside to drain along with the potatoes.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisking until creamy and fully blended.
- Pour dressing over cooled potatoes, add peas and toss gently. Place potato salad in the refrigerator to let all the flavors absorb and to finish cooling the potatoes.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.