Mock Mincemeat Pie
Serve this delicious, exotic Mock Mincemeat Pie seasoned with our American madeorganic Miso Master Sweet White Miso to your guest this holiday season.
- Yield: 8–10 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1¼ cups orange Juice
- 4 cups chopped tart apples
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tbsp Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
- 1 baked 9″ Pie Shell
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except the apple juice and miso. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the apples are almost soft.
- Turn off the heat. Mix the apple juice and miso, and stir into the cooked apple mixture.
- Pour into the baked pie shell, allow to cool completely, and serve.
Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
Our Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso is the sweetest, most delicate miso that we hand craft at the American Miso Company. This tasty short-term miso has its own unique flavor with the least amount of salt and soybeans. Delicious for flavoring light miso soups, sauces and spreads to impressive and memorable desserts! Aged a minimum of 15 days.
Purchase Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso at your local organic market or direct from Great Eastern Sun’s Online Market HERE >