- Yield: 3-4 Servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: French
- Soak kombu and shiitake in the water for 30-60 minutes. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, over medium heat. Remove kombu and shiitake (reserving for another use) and set aside.
- Slice onions thinly in half moons. Heat oil in medium-sized skillet; add onions and a pinch of salt and sauté over medium-low heat until translucent. Lower heat, add kombu/shiitake soaking water, cover, and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Add remaining salt and bay leaf, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and celery seeds, simmering 5 minutes more.
- Garnish with minced parsley and croutons and serve hot.