Parmesan Potato Pancake*
For breakfast, lunch, or dinner- these potato pancakes are sure to be a hit!
- 2 Tbsp plus 1 Tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Emperor's Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs, peeled Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 cup, grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup, chopped basil leaves
- Warm the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large (12-inch diameter) nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook about another minute. Season the onion mixture with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl and set aside. Reserve the pan.
- Meanwhile, grate the potatoes in a food processor. Use a kitchen towel to help squeeze out the excess water. Add the potatoes, Parmesan cheese, and the basil to the bowl with the onion mixture. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Warm the remaining olive oil over high heat in the same pan that was used to cook the onions. When the pan is hot, but not smoking add the potato mixture.
- Use a spatula to press the mixture down into the pan firmly and evenly. Turn the heat down to medium and cook the potato mixture until the bottom is golden brown and the pancake can move in the pan, about 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low if the pancake is browning too fast in places. Place a large plate on top of the pancake and flip the pancake out of the pan. Turn the heat on the pan back up to high. When the pan is hot slide the pancake back into the pan and cook until the bottom is golden and is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Slide the pancake onto a serving platter, slice, and serve.
* Recipe courtesy of Food TV
Organic Chopped Garlic
EMPEROR’S KITCHEN Organic Chopped Garlic is a delicious ready-to-use convenience food to flavor your favorite recipes from salsa, sauces and salad dressings to stir-fries, marinades and more. USDA Organic and Gluten-Free