Soy-Ginger Soba Noodles
- 8 to 10 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- Half a garlic clove
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white or black sesame seeds
- Sea salt
Optional toppings: Cucumber, radish, or carrot, cut into matchsticks
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free soba noodles and gluten-free tamari.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the noodles and cook according to the package directions.
- Add the edamame to the boiling noodles right before draining.
- Drain the noodles and edamame, and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, ginger, and garlic. Blend until combined, then add the sauce to the noodles. Add the scallions, and sesame seeds and toss to combine. Add salt to taste and garnish with veggie matchsticks, if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Reprinted from Chloe Flavor. Copyright © 2018 by CKC Sales, LLC. Photographs copyright © 2018 by Christina Holmes. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
- Serving Size: 4 TO 6
by Chloe Coscerelli
Saucy, Crispy, Spicy, Vegan
In Chloe Flavor: Saucy, Crispy, Spicy, Vegan (Clarkson Hardcover), Chloe Coscarelli, one of the most sought-after, celebrated, personable, and energetic vegan chefs of our time, debunks the myth that plant-based food is bland and boring with her bright, colorful, and flavorful dishes.
Chloe believes the most delicious food comes from plant-based ingredients, and for more than ten years, she has been at the forefront of the vegan revolution. With 125 recipes, more than 100 stunning photographs, and a foreword by Chef Michael Symon, Chloe Flavor is bold in taste, loud in color, unabashedly unique, and, above all, has recipes that are easy to make.
Visit Chef Chloe’s website to learn more about her work and to Purchase a copy of Chloe Flavor