Sweet Cabbage and Arame
Yield 2-3 Servings
- ½ medium cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 to 2½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb cubed soft tofu
- 1/3 cup Emerald Cove Pacific Arame
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Cloud Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- Rinse arame and soak for 10 minutes in a small bowl with enough water to cover well.
- Prepare seasoning and set aside.
- Drop cabbage into water brought to a boil with ½ tsp salt. Return to boil for 30 seconds; drain cabbage in colander.
- Remove arame from soaking water and drain.
- Heat oil in pan and lightly stir fry tofu and arame, add cabbage. Now add seasoning mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is soft (10 to 15 minutes).
- Prepare sauce, thinning to a pourable consistency with a little of the seasoning mixture or water. Stir the sauce into the vegetables just before serving.
Courses Side Dish