- 1 Tbsp Emperor's Kitchen Organic Authentic Kuzu
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp filtered water
- 2 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small, diced onion
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
Savory Miso Sandwich Spread
This MISOlicious spread is delicious on your favorite whole grain bread for a delicious (and healthy!) breakfast or lunch. This Savory Miso Sandwich spread features our American-made, Miso Master Organic Kosher Country Barley Miso!
- Yield: 1½ Cups 1x
16oz (1 block) fresh tofu
- Boil tofu in water to cover for 1 minute, turn off, cover, and leave for a few minutes.
- Remove tofu and place in cold water until cool. Wrap tofu in cheesecloth or muslin and gently squeeze out excess water.
- Mash all ingredients in bowl or blend in blender.
- Serve on bread with lettuce or sprouts, or spread on crackers. Refrigerated in a covered container, this nutritious, protein-rich spread will keep for 2-3 days.
Miso Caramel* with Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
Salted caramel is so delicious ~ especially with our Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso!
- Yield: 1 Pint 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
- In a heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir together sugar and water. Without additional stirring, bring mixture to a boil. Use a wet pastry brush to wash down any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan. When sugar becomes a deep golden brown and wisps of smoke just start to form, remove pan from heat.
- Once off the heat, carefully pour in the cream, which will cause the caramel to bubble. Stir to combine. If the caramel seizes up and hardens with the addition of the cold cream, then put the pan back over low heat and stir until the caramel is liquid again. Whisk in the miso. Allow to cool slightly before pouring into a lidded container. Store in the refrigerator.
- Remelt the sauce by putting some in a ramekin and microwaving it on high for 30 second intervals until hot and liquid-y. Serve over ice cream, pound cake, or just eat it cold out of the jar with a spoon. *from http://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel
Purchase Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
at your local organic market or direct from our
Great Eastern Sun Online Market HERE >
Carrot Miso Ginger Dressing with our Miso Master Mellow White Miso
Can't wait to pick our first harvest of fresh salad greens from our organic garden here in Asheville this week-end.
They will be a real treat tossed with red radishes, some purple onions, few orange wedges and dressed with this yummy miso dressing!
Pulse ginger and carrot in the bowl of a food processor until it becomes a coarse paste.
Add vinegar and miso, and pulse to combine.
With the machine running, slowly add oil in a thin, steady stream through the feed tube until mixture is emulsified. Add water if dressing is too thick.
Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.