1. Cut off and discard the root and the dark green fibrous portion of the leeks. Slice the leek lengthwise and wash carefully to remove any soil that may be trapped between the leaves. Cut the leeks into ¼ inch-thick slices and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a 4-quart pot, add the leeks, squash and salt, and sauté over medium heat for 1 minute to coat the leeks and squash with hot oil.
3. Add the salt, water, and coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Add the pepper and cinnamon and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
4. Remove the cinnamon stick and discard.
5. Half fill a blender with some of the soup, add the ginger juice and miso, and blend well. Pour the pureed soup into a large bowl, and continue blending portions until all of it has been pureed. Return the soup to the pot, bring to a simmer, and serve garnished with parsley.
Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso
Miso Master Organic Sweet White Miso is our sweetest, most delicate miso. This Short-Term miso has its own unique position in the miso universe; it has the least amount of salt and soybeans. Less salt means lower sodium content than other misos, so salt-conscious consumers can partake of the many health benefits of eating miso. Miso Master produces the only organic lower-sodium miso widely available in the natural food industry. Aged a minimum of 15 days. Made in USA.