This dish is a hearty fall meal made with the power of Chickpea Miso and Pumpkin! We have adapted this recipe to be made in your instant pot or on the stove. Either way this is a quick, delicious meal packed with flavor and great nutrition. Serve with whole wheat Udon Noodles or brown rice Udon Noodles and complete the meal with some Vegan Tempeh Meatless Miso-balls for a complete meal.
6 cups vegetable or Tempeh Broth (click for the recipe)
1 cup of pureed pumpkin
5 tablespoon Chickpea Miso
2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 15.5 oz can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1 cup frozen roasted corn or fresh corn kernals
1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
4 tablespoons chili powder
Vegan Sour Cream (optional)
- Heat 1 cup broth and add 5 tablespoons miso whisking until completely dissolved.
- Add miso broth and all other ingredients to Instant Pot
- Set valve to sealed and heat on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes.
- Add broth and miso paste to soup pot and heat to low boil, whisking to combine.
- Add all other ingredients to broth, except corn and spinach. Simmer for 15 minutes covered.
- Add corn and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and simmer uncovered for a few minutes until spinach is wilted or warmed.
- Taste and adjust spices and salt to taste.
- Serve with bread, noodles or rice. You can add vegan meatless meatballs and a dollop of vegan sour cream to make this a special meal.
- Soup is always better after sitting overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- Cook Time:5 – 30 minutes
Keywords: Vegan, Miso Recipe, Miso Master Recipe, Soup, Miso Soup, Low fat recipe, Pumpkin Soup