1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whisk together the oil, rice syrup in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the egg, if using. Add the miso and tahini, and whisk vigorously until smooth. Stir in the apple juice and water.
3. Place the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl, and still until well combined.
4. Add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture, and stir over-stir. Fold in the apples, walnuts, and raisins.
5. Spoon the batter into oiled or paper muffin tins. Fill each cup about seven-eighths full.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then remove the muffins and cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.