Tofu Steak with Miso and Ginger*
This ginger-rich recipe turns ordinary tofu steaks from uninspiring into something you will crave.
- Yield: 2-3 Servings 1x
- 1–14 oz block extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp Miso Master Organic Chickpea Miso
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 3 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1–2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp scallions, sliced thinly
- Drain and rinse tofu. Cut into 6 slices. Place tofu slices between clean kitchen towels (or paper towels) on a dish or cutting board. Gently press to remove excess water.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso, water, and ginger.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a skillet. Fry tofu until golden on both sides. Reduce heat to low.
- Pour miso mixture over and between tofu slices and cook until sizzling.
- Just before serving, garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.