Warm-up winter with a bowl of comforting Traditional Miso Soup made with our American-made Miso Master Organic Traditional Red Miso.
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Emerald Cove Ready-To-Use Pacific Wakame
- 2-inch piece Emerald Cove Pacific Kombu
- 1 tsp Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/3 block firm tofu, cubed
- 2–3 Tbsp Miso Master Organic Traditional Red Miso
- 1 green onion, sliced for garnish
- Soak shiitakes in 1 cup of the filtered water for 20 min. Remove and slice thinly.
- Combine soaking water and the remaining 3 cups of filtered water and bring to boil with kombu and shiitakes. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove kombu.
- Sauté tofu in toasted sesame oil until lightly browned. Add tofu and wakame to stock and heat through.
- Dilute miso with 1/2 cup of the hot soup broth, add back to the soup, and warm on low for 2 minutes (below the boiling point). Garnish with green onion and serve.
Miso Master Organic Traditional Country Barley Miso is considered a Long-Term miso. It is aged naturally without temperature control for 18 months through four seasons in giant four-ton, hand-crafted Cypress, Redwood, or Fir barrels. It has a high soybean content in relation to the barley koji (grain inoculated with aspergillus spores). Because soybeans are much more difficult to ferment, with their high protein and fat content, than the high-carbohydrate grains, this miso variety requires a prolonged aging period. This gives the aspergillus spores and lactobacillus bacteria sufficient time to completely break down the complex protein and fat molecules into their more digestible constituents. Made in USA.
Purchase Miso Master Organic Country Barley Miso at your local organic market or direct from Great Eastern Sun’s Online Market HERE >