This isn’t so much a recipe as it is a way to use tempeh to make a broth base for soups or other uses. Keep the leftover tempeh to make some tempeh “meatballs”, tempeh burgers, tacos, or crumbles. Check out our recipe for Vegan Tempeh Meatless Miso-balls!
6 cups filtered water
16 oz Tempeh
- Put water into a soup pot and crumble tempeh into the pot.
- Turn up the heat and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain to remove tempeh and use broth for anything you like!
- Save the tempeh for other great recipes.
Can be frozen in an ice cube tray and used when needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 - 15 minutes
- Category: Soups
Keywords: Tempeh, Vegetable Broth, Vegan, Easy Recipe