Wasabi and Green Onion Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- 3 lbs, peeled and chopped Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 Tbsp, prepared Sushi Sonic 51% Real Wasabi Powder
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- Bring potatoes to boil in large pot of water. Reduce heat to medium; cook until tender, about 17 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat; add green onions and sauté until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring cream, butter, and wasabi paste to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using potato masher in same large pot or ricer, mash potatoes. Stir in hot cream mixture followed by green onions.
- Place in serving bowl and serve hot.
*From Bon Appétit | November 2007