Better Sencha Matcha Bubble Tea With Hibiscus
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DIARY FREE | SOY FREE | QUICK & EASY
Drink to your health with this delightful bubble tea made from green tea, hibiscus powder and tapioca pearls. We have chosen our Haiku® Organic Japanese Sencha Matcha Green Tea to create this invigorating and medicinal cooler. We believe that healthy eating (and drinking) can be a delight for all your sense too!
Why Sencha and Matcha Green Tea?
Sencha and matcha are two types of green tea that both originated in Japan and are a non-fermented, camellia sinensis tea. Their lack of fermentation contributes to the high nutritional value of these two types of green tea. Sencha is grown in direct sunlight and its leaves are steeped for drinking. Matcha is grown in the shade and its leaves ground to powder and then added to water. These different attributes create a combined set of benefits. Sencha and matcha both pack a powerful combination of antioxidants that are reputed for good health. Matcha adds the benefit of L-theanine, an amino acid that produces a calming, non-drowsy effect. Together they create a healthy elixir that is energizing and soothing without jitters or drowsiness.
Servings: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 2 hours 0 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil
- While water is boiling, fill heat-safe mug or jar with 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Pour hot water into heat-safe jar or mug with syrup. Place sencha matcha teabags into heat-safe mug or jar with brown rice syrup. Steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Add hibiscus powder to steeping tea. Stir the mixture. Remove teabags after 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While tea is chilling prepare boba pearls according to package instructions.
- Once chilled, add nondairy milk and optional boba pearls and serve.