Herbed Roasted Cauliflower with Miso
PLANT-BASED | DAIRY FREE | SOY FREE (OPTION)
We roasted hearty cauliflower with lime, cilantro and miso to take a plain vegetable and make it sing! This recipe is so easy to modify and make with the flavors of your choosing. You can use basil, tarragon, paprika or any spice instead of cilantro.
Learn more about the ingredients in this recipe. What is Mirin? will give you a detailed understanding about one of the common ingredients used in asian cooking. We also put together a Definite Guide on How to Use Miso Paste.
Servings: 4 Cups
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Break cauliflower into small florets and place in a small to medium sized mixing bowl.
- Zest the lime into a small mixing bowl. Add the juice from the lime along with the mirin, orange juice, toasted sesame oil, brown rice syrup, and miso. Blend or whisk until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add fresh herbs to mixing bowl and stir or whisk to blend herbs into liquid.
- Pour ingredients over cauliflower and toss to coat. Place cauliflower covered into refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Remove cauliflower and drain liquid off into a small bowl (do not throw out marinade). Spread cauliflower on large, parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower for 15 minutes, basting occasionally with marinade. Remove from oven and toss in marinade then return to oven and finish cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn up heat to broil. Toss cauliflower once more in marinade and return to oven to to broil for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Leftovers (if there are any) can be added to soup or thrown on a salad.