Outstanding Vegan Soba Noodles With Zucchini & Wasabi Peanuts
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | SOY FREE | QUICK & EASY
Our Organic Soba Noodles are a great choice for cold or warm dishes. This classic cold soba noodle salad gets an added bonus with fresh roasted wasabi peanuts!
Made from the finest organic ingredients our soba noodles have it all -- soft, silky texture, great flavor and consistency and packed full of great nutrition. The addition of zucchini and carrots make this a colorful and delicious salad. It can be served with sauteed tofu, tempeh, grilled meat or seafood.
The addition of fresh roasted wasabi peanuts makes this dish special. There can be some confusion with regard to wasabi powder; most wasabi powder is not pure wasabi! We make two powders, both with pure wasabi, but our 51% Wasabi Powder also includes horseradish and mustard. Pure wasabi powder loses its heat shortly after being prepared. The familiar wasabi paste that we eat in restaurants is a blend of horseradish, wasabi powder (maybe) and mustard which allows it to maintain its heat.
Servings: 4 salads
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 6 ounces Soba Noodles
- 1 large Zucchini
- 2 medium Carrots
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup Organic Miso Tamari or Adachi Shoyu
- 1 teaspoon Organic Pureed Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Organic Pureed Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Organic Toasted Sesame Oil or Hot & Spicy Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Peanuts (unshelled)
- 1 tablespoon 51% Wasabi Powder
- 1 spray Any Neutral Flavored Oil
- Spiralize or slice into very thin strips the zucchini and carrot. You want to have thin, noodle like zucchini and carrots, but the most important part is that they are all about the same size.
- Take the zucchini and carrot spirals and add them to a strainer and steam over boiling water for about 5-10 minutes. Toss them occasionally for even steaming. They are done when they turn a brighter color. Set aside off the heat when finished.
- Boil water and cook soba noodles according to package instructions. I like to keep mine as al dente as possible so I usually cook them about 4 minutes. When finished, immediately rinse them in cold water and leave to drain until you are ready to prepare your salad.
- Make the dressing by combining the brown rice vinegar, brown rice syrup, tamari or shoyu, garlic, ginger and sesame oil and whisk until combined. If you are using the wasabi peanuts they will add some nice heat, but if you want to kick it up a notch then use our hot & spicy sesame oil and get another boost of heat!
- Rinse your noodles in cold water, drain and combine with zucchini and carrots. Toss gently with dressing and refrigerate until read to serve.
Make Wasabi Peanuts
- Prepare your wasabi peanuts just prior to serving the salads. Heat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread peanuts into a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and toss peanuts roasting another 6 minutes. Remove from oven and spray with neutral vegetable oil then toss in a cup or bowl with our 51% wasabi powder.
- Plate salads according to serving size. This recipe makes 4 small or two large salads. Top each salad with some wasabi peanuts and serve.