Wasabi Nori Seaweed Snack Chips
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | SOY FREE | OIL FREE | QUICK & EASY
A super easy to make snack that is also healthy for you and addictively crunchy. Utterly crave-inducing! What more could you ask for?
I love a good crunchy snack, but reaching for a classic chip every time does not work for my lifestyle or my waste line! These little gems are a great way to get that crunchy satisfaction without all the bloat of potato chips or other high calorie snacks. This little flavor combo really surprised me the first time I tried them - and I have never looked back.
This recipe uses our 100% Real Wasabi Powder and our Un-toasted or Toasted Sushi Nori Seaweed. Either type of Nori will work for this recipe and they will stay good for up to a week when stored in an air-tight container.
Servings: 20 chips
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Add COLD water and wasabi powder to a small bowl and mix gently until completely combined. Cover dish with wasabi water and prepare the nori next.
- Take all 10 sheets of nori out and fold them in half. Turn oven to 250 degrees and take out large baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Uncover the wasabi water and whisk or stir if needed. Unfold one sheet of nori and gently brush one side with wasabi water and then sprinkle with salt. Close nori sheet and press gently to seal. Lightly brush the top of the same sheet with more wasabi water. Cut in half and place each half (wet side up) on your baking sheet. Finish the rest of the sheets.
- Place baking sheet with wasabi nori snack chips into your heated oven. Total baking time depends on your oven and your crispness preference; generally 10-20 minutes total bake time is sufficient. Rotate your pan in the oven every 5 minutes to get even baking.
- When the nori has curled up around the edges and is firm and slightly crisp on the edges then you can take them out. They will finish crisping up as they cool. Store in an air-tight container for a week.
Store in air-tight container for a week. Experiment with your baking time until you find the right timing for your oven and your preference for crispness.