[[ recipeID=recipe-8latuqas1, title=Green Tea Infused Mushroom Miso Soup ]]
Green Tea Infused Mushroom Miso Soup
PLANT-BASED | OIL FREE | DAIRY FREE
Tea is so versatile and adds another level of flavor to any dish. Today we are featuring our Haiku Organic Japanese Hoijcha Green Tea in this simple, earthy miso soup that is sure to satisfy. This soup is a powerhouse of antioxidants and packed with the umami goodness of shiitake mushrooms and miso!
Servings: 4 Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 4 cups Filtered Water
- 1 ¾ oz Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 tea bags Hojicha Roasted Green Tea
- 3 tablespoons Mellow White or Sweet White Miso
- 2 tablespoons Mikawa Mirin
- 2 tablespoons Miso Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chopped or Pureed Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Chopped or Pureed Ginger
- 20 grams Dried Wakame
- 2 cups Kale (chopped with stems removed)
- Add entire bag of dried mushrooms to a large bowl; boil 4 cups filtered water and pour over mushrooms. Allow mushrooms to soak for 20 minutes to rehydrate.
- Add 4 cups vegetable broth, mirin, tamari, miso, and brown rice vinegar to a large soup pot, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Whisk ingredients to combine.
- Add tea bags to soup pot and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Remove from soup pot before adding remaining ingredients.
- After mushrooms have finished rehydrating; strain them keeping the liquid they were soaking in to add to your soup. Once the mushrooms and the liquid are separated strain the mushroom broth into the soup using a fine mesh strainer to remove any sediment left behind.
- Add mushroom broth and mushrooms to soup. Bring to a gentle simmer and add wakame and kale to soup. Allow to simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with noodles and simple pan fried tofu.
1. Soup flavor “develops” after sitting for 24 hours, so make it a day ahead and taste and adjust when you reheat it for serving the next day.
2. If you want to add some spice to this recipe, try pan frying your tofu in our Traditional Japanese Hot & Spicy Sesame Oil for an extra kick.
Leave a comment