Raw Vegan Date Caramel with Miso
PLANT-BASED | GLUTEN FREE | DAIRY FREE | OIL FREE | QUICK & EASY
Make yourself a sweet treat from whole foods instead of just sugar and butter!
This recipe gives you the beneficial probiotics in our authentic, naturally fermented, aged Organic Sweet White Miso paste.
Top your favorite dessert, ice cream, or even dip an apple in it and cover with chopped peanuts to make a whole food caramel apple!
Servings: 24 Tablespoons
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- 16 Medjool Dates
- 1 cup Soy or Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Sweet White Miso Paste
- If you prefer you can heat your soy milk on the stove with the dates in the pan (do not boil) and then add them to the blender. This is not necessary, but if you want to give your blender a little less of a workout this will soften the dates before blending.
- Add dates, soy milk, miso paste and cinnamon to a blender. Blend for a bit (if still chunky) then let it sit for 10 minutes and blend again. Continue until you have a sweet, smooth caramel made from whole, good ingredients!
- Store in a mason jar or other sealed container in the refrigerator. Lasts 5-7 days.
Lasts 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
This recipe needs a good blender with sharp blades.